1. YOUR USE OF OUR SITES AND APPS You may access and use our Sites and Apps solely for your personal, noncommercial use. Except as expressly authorized hereunder, our Sites and Apps may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, reverse-engineered or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our prior written authorization. We reserve the right to alter or discontinue our Sites and Apps, in whole or in part, at any time in our sole discretion. Subject to and conditioned upon your compliance with these Terms, we grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right and license, without right of sublicense, to access and use our Sites and Apps, including any images, text, graphics, sounds, data, links and other materials incorporated into our Sites and Apps (other than your User Submitted Materials as defined below), solely as made available by us and solely for your own personal purposes. Except as expressly authorized by these Terms, you may not use, reproduce, distribute, modify, transmit or publicly display any portion of our Sites and Apps or create derivative works of any portion our Sites and Apps without our written consent. While using any of our Sites and Apps, you agree not to:
Access or attempt to access images that are not your images or accounts that you do not own, unless given permission by the image subject (or, in the case of a minor, the image subject’s parent or legal guardian);
Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including, without limitation, others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity;
Impersonate any person or entity or use any fraudulent, misleading or inaccurate email address or other contact information;
Restrict or inhibit any other user from using any of our Sites and Apps, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion our Sites and Apps;
Violate any applicable laws or regulations;
Upload to, transmit through, or display on any of our Sites and Apps (a) any material that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights; (b) any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information of any third party; or (c) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us);
Use our Sites or Apps to store, transfer, or distribute content of or on behalf of third parties, to operate your own file storage application or service, or to operate a photography and/or video making business or other commercial service;
Engage in spamming;
Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, or other destructive items;
Modify, adapt, translate, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of our Sites and Apps; and
Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or displayed on any portion of our Sites and Apps.
Display adult nudity or inappropriate child nudity.
Upload photographs of people who have not given permission for their photographs to be uploaded to a share site.
Use the Share Sites for the sale of goods or services.
Post objectionable material, such as material containing hate or malicious content or offers for adult services, or material inciting or advocating terrorism or violence.
If you fail to comply with the above rules, such failure will constitute a violation of these Terms, and in addition to any other rights or remedies we may have, we may immediately terminate your access to and use of our Sites and Apps. Some features of our Sites and Apps may enable you to send and receive transmissions. You acknowledge that we have no responsibility or liability for any transmissions, and/or any content included in such transmissions, sent or received by you. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and at any time, to set limits on the number and size of any transmissions sent by or received through our Sites and Apps and/or the amount of storage space available for transmissions or for any feature made available through our website.
2. YOUR MEMBER ACCOUNT You may create a member account with any of our Sites and Apps by registering your name, providing certain information about yourself, and creating a password. The Site or App you register with may provide single sign-on functionality; this allows us to offer features such as the ability to use your From “U” University account credentials across our integrated Sites and Apps where available, and to merge your accounts so you may, for example, seamlessly add your photos to your From “U” University account. You agree that you will provide complete, current and accurate information about yourself as requested, and that you will keep that information up to date. You are responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of your username and password that you use to access your member account on our Sites and Apps. You agree not to disclose your username or password to any third party. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY AND FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS TAKEN UNDER YOUR ACCOUNT, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE AUTHORIZED SUCH ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account on any of our Sites and Apps. In order to create a member account with any of our Sites and Apps, you must be at least 18 years of age. You represent to us that you are at least 18 years old. If you are not, please do not set up an account with any of our Sites and Apps.
6. MATERIALS SUBMITTED BY CUSTOMER Any materials submitted by you, including, without limitation, photographs, videos, images, text, graphics and other materials (collectively, “User Submitted Materials”) are subject to the following terms and conditions:
You will retain ownership of such User Submitted Materials, and you grant us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual irrevocable right and license, with right of sublicense (through multiple tiers), to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of and publicly display such User Submitted Materials solely in connection with the production or provision of any product or service you request or to show you how your User Submitted Materials would appear in our products or services. For example, when you place an order for a product, we will prepare, manipulate (if necessary), and transmit the User Submitted Materials for production, packaging and shipment. Similarly, if you want to share a photo book with your friends and family, we will accommodate your request by making your photographs available to your friends and family to download and/or to use and create projects of their own, and to purchase products with those photographs.
Please note that, while you retain ownership of your User Submitted Materials, any template or layout in which you arrange or organize such User Submitted Materials through tools and features made available through any of our Sites and Apps are not proprietary to you, and the rights to such template or layout will remain with us.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise possess all necessary rights with respect to the User Submitted Materials, and that the User Submitted Materials do not and will not infringe, misappropriate, use or disclose without authorization or otherwise violate any copyright, trademark, trade secret right or other intellectual property or other property right of any third party, and that the User Submitted Materials are not unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, hateful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, confusingly similar to brands or branded products sold by others or otherwise objectionable.
You consent to the use of your likeness, and you have obtained the written consent, release, and/or permission of every identifiable individual who appears in User Submitted Materials to use such individual’s likeness, for purposes of using and otherwise exploiting the User Submitted Materials in the manner contemplated by these Terms, or, if any such identifiable individual is under the age of eighteen (18), you have obtained such written consent, release and/or permission from such individual’s parent or guardian (and you agree to provide to us a copy of any such consents, releases and/or permissions upon our request). If you do submit a submission that contains the likeness of an identifiable individual under the age of eighteen (18), we strongly encourage you not to include any identifying information (such as the individual’s name or address) with such User Submitted Materials.
You agree that we may (but are not obligated to) filter any User Submitted Materials (including, without limitation, deleting or replacing expletives or other harmful or offensive language), refuse to use any User Submitted Materials (including, without limitation, suspending processing and shipping of any order relating to any User Submitted Materials) and/or disclose any User Submitted Materials and the circumstances surrounding the use thereof, to any third party in order to provide the applicable products or services, to enforce these Terms or to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
User Submitted Materials that violate these Terms may be removed from our Sites and Apps; provided, however, that we have no obligation to remove User Submitted Materials in response to user reports or requests. We are not responsible for, and will have no liability for, the removal, non-removal or loss of any User Submitted Materials from our Sites and Apps. We recommend you keep back-up copies of your User Submitted Materials on your hard drive or other personal system.
7. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK ISSUES While we are not obligated to review User Submitted Materials for copyright or trademark infringement, we are committed to protecting copyrights and trademarks and expect users of our Sites and Apps to do the same. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that any material used or displayed on or through our Sites and Apps infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material on our Sites and Apps; (d) the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.copyright.gov for details. DMCA notices and counter-notices regarding our Sites and Apps, or notices concerning trademark use in personalized products we make or in our Sites and Apps, should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS, OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL MATERIALS INCORPORATED THEREIN, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE AND OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. NOTE: CERTAIN APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NO STATEMENT OF OURS OR ANY OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OTHER THAN THOSE EXPRESSLY CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OR AFFILIATES (THE “FROM “U” UNIVERSITY PARTIES”) SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, USE OR DATA), WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF THE FROM “U” UNIVERSITY PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO OUR PROVISION OF (OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE) PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR SUBMISSIONS OR DATA, EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FROM “U” UNIVERSITY PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FURTHERMORE, THE FROM “U” UNIVERSITY PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH PRODUCTS IS TO OBTAIN A REFUND, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF THE FROM “U” UNIVERSITY PARTIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO OUR PROVISION OF (OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE) PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SHALL BE THE ACTUAL PRICE PAID THEREFORE BY YOU. NOTE: CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR CERTAIN OTHER TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICES All trademarks and service marks on any of our Sites and Apps not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. From “U” University owns the registered trademarks and logos. The trade names, trademarks and service marks owned by us, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on any of our Sites and Apps should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of our trade names, trademarks or service marks without our express prior written consent.
11. JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES Our Sites and Apps are controlled and operated from the United States. Our Sites and Apps are not subject to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that any of our Sites and Apps, products, and/or services or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access From “U” University do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the availability of our Sites and Apps, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
12. MISCELLANEOUS These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Illinois, of the United States of America, without regards to its conflict of law provisions, and except to the extent preempted by or inconsistent with federal law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court located in the United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. If any provision of these Terms, or the application thereof to any person, place or circumstance, will be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible, or, if incapable of such enforcement, will be deemed to be deleted from these Terms, and the remainder of these Terms and such provisions as applied to other persons, places and circumstances will remain in full force and effect. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default, nor will any delay or omission on the part of either party to exercise or avail itself of any right or remedy that it has or may have hereunder operate as a waiver of any right or remedy. This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between us with respect to such subject matter. These Terms are not assignable, transferable or sublicenseable by you except with our prior written consent. These Terms may not be modified or amended except as set forth in the introductory section of these Terms. Any heading, caption or section title contained in these Terms is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. If you have any questions or comments regarding these Terms, please contact: email@example.com
13. TERMINATION Either you or we may terminate your access to our Sites and Apps and to your account at any time, with or without cause, and with or without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, we may terminate your access if you violate these Terms. Upon termination for any reason, your right to access and/or use our Sites and Apps will immediately cease. Upon termination, you will have no further access to, and we may delete, any information, files or materials in or related to your account, including, without limitation, any User Submitted Materials. Upon termination, From “U” University may delete all information, files and materials related to your account, including any User Submitted Materials, and we will have no obligation whatsoever to save or make any such information, files or materials available to you. You agree that we will have no liability whatsoever to you or any other party as a result of a termination of your access our Sites and Apps and to your account and/or as a result of the deletion or loss of any information, files or materials in or related to your account.
If you elect to seek arbitration or file a small claim court action, you must first send to From “U” University, by certified mail, a written Notice of your claim (“Notice”). The Notice to From “U” University must be addressed to: Legal Department, From “U” University, _____________ Park Forest, Il 60466 (“Notice Address”). If From “U” University initiates arbitration, it will send a written Notice to the email address used for your account. A Notice, whether sent by you or by From “U” University, must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; (b) set forth the specific relief sought and the basis for the calculations; (c) include your name, the email address associated with your From “U” University account, your current phone number, mailing address, and email address, and your signature; and (d) if you have retained an attorney, your signed statement authorizing From “U” University to disclose your confidential account records to your attorney if necessary in resolving your claim. If From “U” University and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 60 days after the Notice is received, you or From “U” University may commence an arbitration proceeding or file a claim in small claims court. YOU AND FROM “U” UNIVERSITY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and From “U” University agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. If any provision of this paragraph is determined to be unenforceable with respect to any claim or any particular remedy for a claim (such as a request for public injunctive relief), then the parties agree that the claim or particular remedy (and only that claim or remedy) must be decided by a court after all other claims and requests for relief are arbitrated.